But before we get into the clothes, I have a fun announcement!
Last Call for the Giveaway
In honor of my 5th blogiversary, I’m hosting a giveaway!
Two lucky winners will get:
- A one-hour styling session with me via Google Meet.
- You’ll fill out a form ahead of time with some basic information and questions you’d like to ask.
- Then we’ll schedule a time we can meet online.
- You’ll have one hour of personal style coaching during which we can go through your wardrobe, solve specific outfit styling issues, discuss specific garments that will work well for your body type and personal style, and/or shop online together.
- The session must be scheduled and completed by 10/30/20.
- A $250 gift certificate to Nordstrom to do some online shopping with me!
Enter to Win
- Step 1: Subscribe to receive my posts by email.
- Step 2: Then comment on my last blog post. Be sure to use the same email address as the one you subscribed with.
- That’s it!
Bonus entry: Fill out my Fifth Year Questionnaire. Again, be sure to use the same email address as the one you subscribed with.
You must enter to win by September 7th at 11:59 pm EST.
Ok, now back to the clothes!
Wear the Stripes
But, I often get questions and concerns from readers about stripes making you look bigger or a “rule” about no stripes.
In my opinion, life is just too short to worry about wearing stripes and as Melissa at Suger Coat It demonstrates in her blog post “Are horizontal stripes REALLY making you look fat?,” they’re really not.
She does such a fantastic job of breaking down this outdated “rule.”
These Madewell jeans, called “Cali Demi-Boot,” look like a kick flare jean but with a little less flare. They’re cropped at 26.5″ putting them well above the ankle.
And they’re available in petite and tall. Woot!
They’re made of “super stretch” denim, which I have heard is ultra-comfortable and super flattering.
And they’re also known for retaining their shape. Meaning, they aren’t going to stretch out throughout the day as you wear them.
The sizing is similar to that of J.Crew. See the size chart below to find your correct “vanity” waist size:
Madewell Jeans Size Chart
They’re 65% oil and feel amazing on the lips! Not to mention they smell fantastic. And I just can’t say enough great things about them!
The closest lippies I have found at more reasonable prices are L’Oreal’s Colour Riche Shine Lipstick and Sephora’s Rouge Lacquer Lipsticks. While both are similar, they aren’t even close to the decadence of the YSL ones.
Plus Size Sweater Blazer Outfit
Shop the Look
Please make sure you’ve subscribed to get my new posts delivered to your inbox!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you click on or purchase through certain links, I may receive a small commission.